Instead of competitions this year everyone is to decide on a project with the aim of having 3-5 related photographs that they are proud of by Christmas. This could be learning a new type of photography, showing the different side to your pets, based around a theme like sunsets, etc. We will help each other improve at the meeting and through the (private) social network pages.
Business centre: members have the opportunity to display (and sell?) photos upstairs in the ‘Tesco’ shopping centre. Photos are to be printed by members sized 10×8. We will look at getting frames 12×10 – more details to come
Next meeting will take place 11/October.
- Generally, talk about projects and social network pages
- Karl will give a talk on the basics for beginners.
- Intermediates / Advanced will use the studio lights and light meters
The meeting on the 24th will be a night shoot (weather dependent) locate to be decided
The meeting on the 8/Nov
- Show photos from night shoot
- Beginners talk on improving composition (we need someone to facilitate this, please let me know if you are interested email email@example.com)
- Technical talk / workshop on DOF, Hyperfocal distance etc by Karl
I’ve sent around a separate mail on this – important point: get your photos in by the 22nd of Oct!